Ref: PXL/H.O./ CIR-098/2016-17 Date: 24.01.2017
Subject: Participation in CPhI-Tokyo, 19-21st April, 2017
All the Members of Council,
You are kindly aware that since the launch of Brand India Pharma in 2012 in CPhI-Tokyo, Pharmexcil has been striving to sustain the efforts for greater market access in Japan. Being the second / third largest pharmaceutical market in the world, Japan has set a target 30% market share for use of generics in order to reduce the healthcare cost.
Further, it would be important to note that Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan and CDSCO of India have signed a MoU which contributes to strengthening the relationship in the areas of medical products in line with their international responsibility.
In order to live up to the challenges of increasing market share in Japan and emerge as reliable partner to provide quality generics to Japan, Pharmexcil with the support of Ministry of Commerce is taking many initiative to increase India's pharma presence in Japan market.
The key objectives are:
· To raise the awareness of Indian Pharma success story
· To create awareness that Indian generics/APIs/Herbal extracts etc. are bonafide medicines of standard quality
· To improve the credibility of Indian Pharma industry
· To position India as global pharmacy of world and stands for Responsible healthcare
· To make India as HUB for manufacture of pharmaceuticals with cost reduction benefits
Pharmexcil is participating in CPhI-Tokyo (19-21st April 2017) at Big Sight Exhibition Center, Tokyo, Japan. Coinciding with this a very strong delegation comprising of DCGI, Pharmexcil officers and senior representatives of Industry has been planned to Osaka and Toyama, the two major pharma centres of Japan. The delegation will be led by Shri Sudhanshu Pandey, IAS, Joint Secretary, Department of Commerce, Govt of India. The delegation is aimed at creating business opportunities, forge and continue to strengthen the relationship between two nations. Japan is the third largest market and looking for generics in order to reduce its health budget.
Members are requested to take up the stalls in India Pavilion (96 sqm). The stalls available in India Pavilion will be of 9 sqm and 12 sqm.
The cost of the made up stalls (with all branding elements) in Indian Pavilion is highly subsidized and is as follow:
· The made up stall cost would be Rs. 3,50,000/- for 9 sqm
· The cost of the corner stall (9sqm) would be Rs. 4,00,000/-
· The cost of 12 sqm stall(corner) would be Rs.4,75,000/-
· The cost of Common area just limited to 3 participants would be Rs.1,50,000/- per participants.
The booking of Stall would be online and the approved layout will be opened for online booking (www.pharmexcil.com) from 12.00 Noon of 25th January 2017.
The members may confirm their space for common space by sending the confirmative mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We once again request you to consider participating in this unique fair which gives excellent opportunity for entering Japanese markets.
Looking forward to your confirmation
With best regards