Ref: PXL/H.O./CIR-025/2015-16 Date: 02.06.2015
All the Members of Council,
Sub:- Expert Group on Technology for Implementation of the Trace and Track system for Export of Drug Formulations
Ref:- Government of India Memorandum vide F.No 15/71/2010-EP(Engg) dt. 15/5/2015
It is to inform that Department of Commerce, Govt. of India has issued a memorandum vide above cited reference where in an Expert Group is constituted with Govt. Officials, Association representations to study and submit report on the subject to the Government with in four months . The following terms of reference are set out to work and prepare a report for further action on the bar code issue
Terms of Reference:
1. Identification of issues relating to the implementation of Trace and Track with authentication system and suggest possible solutions
2. Review of available technologies, identification of appropriate printing technology, Hardware, Software system required for cost effective implementation of mandate of Government of India relating to bar coding requirements for tracking and trace system on all formulations exported from India.
3. Suggesting the Business Process / Re-engineering required at the Manufacturing facility level
4. Evaluating the cost of acquiring / developing and adopting the cost effective technology for labeling and serialization particularly suited to SME sector
5. Assessing the capability of the Vendors / solution providers in the market place to service the Industry demand required when the Track and Trace System is fully functional
Hence, all the stake holders are requested to provide necessary feedback and information on the above points to firstname.lastname@example.org for consolidation and submit the points to the Expert Group for their study and consideration. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
encl: Track & Trace